Well Serenity was snuggled into their beds ready to have the start of the Anniversary weekend, when along game a surprise purge night! All was lost! Serenity was standing more then it was the last Purge, but we did have some friends come make a visit to shake things up a bit. Events may not be in the order that were announced earlier! A bigger post will be posted soon once all of the Event team discusses the situations! But do not fear my Stronghold Family! We will Celebrate and we will Celebrate big! <3 I hope the ones that joined in the purge got their aggression out! Once the Servers go back up the rules are as followed:
The Stronghold server was formed as a stronghold against hackers, cheaters and toxic attitudes and, as such, we expect people to conduct themselves in a manner that suits this philosophy.
You could call the server lite-RP, this means that we do not expect you to have some back story for your character or act in a certain way whilst you’re in game. We expect you to be yourself and make your interactions fun instead of mindlessly killing as many people as you can.
We hope that a unique culture develops on the server and that friendships are formed, feuds are ignited, bad guys appear and heroes appear (hopefully not the flying type) that all make the gaming experience on this server the most unique and diverse experience of any other server.
This is a white-list private server. The rules in this section should largely go without saying.
- No cheating, scripting, hacking, or altering game files! Instant ban!
- No exploiting or glitching. Exploiting is abusing flaws in game mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage.
- Clipping into bases via in-game glitches.
- Picking up structures after using them (e.g. no “temporary” towers/stairs for inaccessible 2nd stories)
- Glitching through walls or floors for PVP advantage
- Glitching to get on top of a building for raiding or PVP advantage (including login/logout rooftop glitches)
- Abusing noclip protection to have walls/shelters that cannot be damaged normally
- Using ‘E’ on a car to glitch into someone’s base
- Placing a shelter magically through closed door
- Driving a car through a locked gate via glitches
- No bigoted speech. If you feel the urge to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, beliefs, etc. then hold your tongue.
- No griefing. Griefing is repeatedly harassing someone to deliberately impede their enjoyment of the game, as well as abusing game mechanics to indiscriminately torment the player base at large.
Examples of griefing:
- Repeatedly hunting a player in a short span of time.
- Repeatedly raiding a base immediately after it is rebuilt (large warring groups exempt)
- Placing structures to completely deny access to buildings
- Placing difficult to see persistent objects like torches on roads hoping to flip vehicles
- Camping someone’s base for an extended period when you’re not raiding, preventing them from returning. Interact, kill them, and move on
- Griefing is NOT simply being killed or raided frequently by the same player or group because you did something to draw their ire and “want out.” When interacting with players in game and on the forums, remember your actions have consequences.
- Players are expected to act respectfully toward each other. However, this is an adversarial PvP game and not everyone will like each other–some trash talking will occur (The in-game radio channel 6 is reserved for trash talking). Please keep it light and don’t get personal. Conversely, remember it is just a game.
Don’t look for reasons to be offended and don’t take everything personally.
- This is an English primary server. Please be respectful to other players and speak the primary server language in-game, on the forums, discord, etc.
- You represent your clan. Rule violations on your part may have consequences for your clan as a whole. If a clan is not seen to be effectively dealing with a rogue individual the whole clan could be subject to punishment.
- Where possible you must try and keep your username consistent. However, so people know who they’re talking to, in-game name, Discord name and clan name must be updated within the user control panel on the forum. If you’re not in a clan, enter “None” as your clan name. You must keep the forum up-to-date when you change in-game, Discord or clan names.
- Players must only use a single account on the server: alt accounts are not permitted under any circumstances.
- No identity theft. This includes, but is not restricted to, stealing someone’s in-game name, or using a close spelling and claiming to be that person, e.g. over the radio.
Our staff members work hard to make your experiences playing the game, and in the wider community, as enjoyable as possible. Please bear the following in mind when interacting with the team: they want to work with you, and not be butting heads.
- When being given instructions by staff members, listen and follow them.
- Behave respectfully when interacting with a staff member. Don’t lose your cool.
- If you have a problem with a member of staff, talk to the individual privately in the first instance. Otherwise, escalate the issue more formally via a private message to the admins group on the forums.
II. PvP Rules of Engagement
This server was created in part to stop rampant thoughtless killing on sight (KoS). That said, this is still a PvP server and the apocalypse is a
dangerous place. Expect to die. Expect to be robbed, raided, stalked, shot, taken prisoner etc. It should be noted that the Rules of
Engagement cannot account for every possible scenario, and thus should be treated as a framework to guide combat encounters.
Remember: the ultimate goal is for players to just have some actual reason for killing each other—not to go on indiscriminate murder sprees because they can.
1.KoS is permitted ONLY in the Unrestricted PvP Zone as mapped:
- Please note that the Unrestricted PVP zone covers grid squares D5-H8 inclusive, when in game go by grid reference
- Leaving the Unrestricted PvP Zone while under fire does not require your attacker to then interact with you
- The green zone is Neutral in support of The Town in the Villas and no PvP is allowed within those grid squares. Do not test the administration team by taunting players along the border or constantly seeking refuge across the border every time you are
- Interaction is required before engaging in open world PvP.Interaction is required before engaging in open world PvP. Once ONE party has verbally engaged on AREA MIC, the interaction requirement has been met.
Interaction should demonstrate intent. Yelling “You’re truck is mine!” or “Death to clan XYZ!” demonstrates intent, while saying “Friendly?” or “Hi!” and opening fire are not acceptable pre-engagement interactions.
If you con someone into dropping their guard and have an accessory shoot them, afterword you must make it clear you are with the shooter..The following are examples of the types of pre-engagement interaction we would prefer to see on the Stronghold:
- Attempting to rob someone who does not comply with your commands
- Being provoked, such as being robbed, assaulted, harassed, stalked etc
- Shooting your new friend in the back after gathering loot together for the last hour (because you’re a jerk)
- Attempting to defend your territory by commanding someone to leave, firing a warning shot, and killing them when they do not comply
- Raiding a base does not require interaction
- During a raid a reasonable area around the base is an active engagement zone. Raiders and defenders alike cannot be expected to check targets, particularly since third parties
may show up to help–or spoil the fun
- Lighting off a few IEDs and calling it a raid merely as an excuse to KoS people for the next few hours is NOT okay
- Landmines may ONLY be used in the unrestricted PVP zones
A word on banditry:
A bandit is not required to let you live, even if you comply. A victim is also obviously not required to comply and may change their compliance at any time.
However, if bandits frequently kill their victims why should they ever expect to see any compliance? Additionally, consider not stripping victims of everything they own so in future encounters they have more incentive to comply. Similarly, if victims always run or fire back, don’t be surprised when bandits get increasingly itchy trigger fingers.
If players wish to see banditry become more meaningful encounters they should keep these points in mind while venturing the wastes.
Building rules are designed to maintain the survival ambiance in key locations,to prevent every POI from being locked down by larger groups, and to stop the glitchiest building behaviors
- No building within the cities of Pleasant Valley, Cranberry, or Ranchito Taquito , as well as the Military Base, Bumjick Farms, and the Neutral Grid around Villas, I4 through J5. See the maps below for the restricted build boundaries. Note that city boundaries tend to follow natural boundaries like ridges, tree lines, water, roads, grids, etc. All no build zones: Neutral zone (I4-J5), Ranchito Taquito, Cranberry, Pleasant Valley, and the Military base.
Pleasant Valley no build zone
Cranberry No Build Zone
Ranchito Taquito No Build Zone
- No building on roads
- This includes placing punji sticks, torches and other small objects (see Griefing)
- Building over roads is okay, so long as there is enough clearance for the tallest vehicle to pass unimpeded
- Creating limited chokepoints, funnels, and blockades with barbed wire to facilitate robbery or reroute traffic is acceptable
- No completely blocking access to buildings, compounds or campsites. (see Griefing)
- No blocking vehicle spawns for your own selfish usage. You may not prevent others from taking a vehicle out of its spawn
- No tower bridges of rabbit traps, chests, etc., which are typically used to gain illegitimate access to players’ bases
- No constructing free-floating structures which are unable to be accessed without cheats
- No building bases on top of buildings
- No building bases where large sections glitch into buildings
- Unraidable Bases are not allowed. Unraidable is defined as anything preventing the base perimeter or an individual shelter from being breached.
IV. Neutral Town
The Neutral Town exists to offer solo players and small groups an opportunity to work together to overcome the harsh post-apocalyptic wasteland outside. It is also a place to allow players from all across the server to get together to trade, socialize, and seek reprieve.
- The Neutral Town will be located in Villas Development
- Building anywhere in the Villas and Neutral Grid is strictly forbidden unless you are part of the Neutral Town, or they have granted you their express written approval for your project on the forum.
Any structures found in the Neutral Grid will be removed and contents donated to the town
- If you are a resident of the Neutral Town you may not build a base elsewhere
- No PvP of any sort in the Neutral Town. This extends to all of grids I4-J5, see the map above.
- The Neutral Town, and the Neutral Zone surrounding it, is a safe area. No fighting, no killing, no robbing, no raiding, no blowing up vehicles, no stealing vehicles. I have to repeat this, because people never seem to get it: no PVP in the Neutral Zone. This includes any attacks, theft, raiding, etc. Don’t steal a car, don’t blow up a car in a base, don’t rob someone in those grids, don’t grief players, don’t instigate fights, and don’t raid in those grids. We even ask that players keep their weapons holstered while in the area, to prevent accidents from happening.
- The town will function as a loosely formed clan, and residents are free to determine their own governance, residency requirements, shopkeeper requirements, visitor requirements, etc. Town affairs will be conducted on the forums and Discord
The town members abide by their own self-imposed rules:
- Town residents are expected to be good guys. No robbing/banditry/tax-collecting/etc. It’s not fair that a robbed player can’t raid us in order to retrieve their gear again
- Town residents can absolutely defend themselves if engaged. This applies to the entire map. If attacked in the Town we will respond exactly as we would if attacked in P.V. Just because we don’t raid your base doesn’t mean we won’t shoot your face
- Town residents will be given a shelter in the main Terrace Apartments
- Any resident who resides in a shelter that is offline for more than 14 days without informing us ahead of time will have their door demo’d and resources donated to the town. (Although I usually just demo the door and send the person a PM to let them know I put a new one up to keep it secure.)
- Town Residents may be allowed to build their own base within the Villas Development.
- Building permits will be issued after a resident has lived within the town for at least 7 days. The reasons for this are that we’ve had issues with players in the past, and we figure that 7 days should be enough time for us to get a feel for a player’s personality, and it’ll give a player lots of time to gather materials to build with
- All building permits in the Villas will be posted on Discord. No players are allowed to build in the area without this being posted.
- Individuals may ask for a particular plot of land, but final approval must come from the Villas Development Urban Planning Officer (Kegan Snarkypants) after discussion with other town members.
- Certain portions of the Villas will be reserved for server use building such as The Pit: our servers gladitorial arena.
- Individual bases will be limited to one tamper or deck foundation in size. (I’m open to expanding this to two, but we’ll have to do some experimenting with the area and have it be approved by everyone.)
- Bases must be completed. No placeholders with a wall and a furnace.
- Individuals will be expected to maintain their own base, and I’m sure a few of us would be willing to help swing a hammer from time to time as well.
- ExpiredPass will have the right to inspect any individual bases or shelters at any point if there’s suspicion of foul play or rule breaking.
- Non-residents may be allowed to build in the Villas in certain cases. In the past we’ve had Buzweaver set up a base to film from, and the moderators have built test bases to refine some of the building rules.
- To avoid accusations of car hoarding the town will limit the number of vehicles (police cars, jeeps, and trucks) it keeps. Vehicles must be kept in the communal garage(s), not personal bases. We try to keep at least one car on hand as an emergency vehicle for moderator/admin use, several of whom live in the Neutral Town. Apart from that I’d like to limit our cars to one car per every 5 residents.
- Town residents may keep a personal ATV if they are lucky enough to find or buy one.
- Residents caught breaking rules may be explosively evicted
V. Server Comms
- WSTR Channel 1 is the Stronghold server-wide radio channel. Please respect other members’ needs to communicate with each other here and keep all discussions brief
- Look on WMOD Channel 2 to find moderators who are playing and need a break from listening to Channel 1
- WSLT Channel 6 is Salt Mines Radio, all drama, all the time. If your trash talk on Channel 1 is going to last longer than a brief back and forth exchange, take it to this channel
Calling airdrops brings some fun and excitement to the game, so we want everyone to have a good time. However we have a few restrictions:
- PvP rules of engagement (as outlined in II, above) MUST be followed. If the drop lands in a KOS zone, have at it. If in the restricted PvP zone, you MUST interact with intent (e.g. “that drop is MINE!” or “leave the airdrop area immediately, or die!”) before you engage anyone at or around the drop.
- Neutral Zone (grids I4-J5, as shown above) drops belong to the Neutral Town. If you collect the loot, you MUST give it to a town member. The intention being that the goodies will go towards events.
The above rules apply to where the drop lands, not where it was called.
VII. Server events
We hold regular official server events, with the main series being “Saturday Survival”. The following extra rules are in place to help ensure that as many people as possible can participate in and enjoy our events. You can learn more about when and where events are happening by checking the forums and from announcements on discord and radio channel 1 in-game.
- Please respect active events and do not interfere with participants.
- When being given instructions by event staff or moderators, listen and follow them.
- There is a no-raid window during “Saturday Survival” events, and for a short time before and after (generally around 30 minutes). Announcements will be made via server broadcast messages (the white text at the top of the screen) when the no-raid window is starting and ending. This is to allow players to participate in our events without fear of having their bases raided at the same time.
The “no-raid window” prohibits any raiding activity, which includes breaching, looting, attacking, and otherwise occupying, a base/shack that is not yours. If you break any of the above rules, you may be temporarily banned for the duration of the event: we want to spend time taking care of the event, and will get around to you afterwards.
We expect people to behave like adults on the server and be respectful towards each other. All players are considered to play in the spirit of the server, after all, each of you knew what you were signing up for when you came on board – don’t be ‘that guy’.
Baiting people into breaking the rules and then immediately reporting them to the admins is not considered good form and ultimately makes the baiter as bad, if not worse, than the rule breaker.
If you feel that an encounter violated the “spirit” of the game, the first action should be to gather up a militia to hunt down the individual/group, there are many like-minded people on this server who would be happy to help hunt down nefarious players.
We encourage in-game policing and reporting to the admins should be the last resort for dealing with rule breakers.
- If you’re KoS’d do not immediately report it to the admins, it could have been a case of mistaken identity or even an accident. Take down the name of the individual (where possible) and monitor for repeat offenders
- If an individual or group are consistently KoSing regardless of any in-game policing, then report to them to the admins with evidence if possible
- If someone is building in a restricted area, post it on the forums with screenshots. If the individual/group does not cease and desist then gather up a posse to blow the base sky high. If the individual/group persists in building after in game action then report to the admins
**Lets make this a fun and fair new wipe! I want to wish everyone Happy Building!**
Also Happy One Year Anniversary Stronghold!!